With the stress and exhaustion of our daily lives, it becomes really difficult to maintain the health of your skin. A lot of people miss that happy feeling of seeing their glowing and plump skin after removing the makeup. A toner can be a boon in this case, as it revitalises your skin and restores its natural glow.
Over the years, Toner has been given a modern facelift. It used to be the go-to product for oily-skinned teenagers who sought to reduce breakouts and shine. Toners have gone a long way since then, and you can now get a wide range of solutions for different skin types.
You might wash your face multiple times, but it makes your skin very dry. Whereas a toner eliminates any remaining debris, grime, and pollutants caught in your pores while retaining the natural moisture of your skin. It can have a big impact on the texture and tightness of your pores when added to your daily skincare routine and utilised daily.
This is not all, there is much more than a toner does:
- Those with oily or acne-prone skin, as well as those who desire extra washing after using makeup or other heavy skin treatments like sunscreen, will find that toners are quite beneficial and important.
- Toners not only provide further cleansing, but they also replenish skin nutrients that face washes and cleansers may have stripped away. As a result, your skin becomes softer and smoother. Even rashes and breakouts can be helped with the right toner.
- Toners can aid in closing skin pores and tightening the cell gaps. It limits the penetration of impurities and environmental pollutants into your skin. It can also protect your skin from bleached water from taps.
- We use soaps and face washes daily, which, due to their alkaline nature, throw our skin’s pH out of whack. Our skin has an acidic pH by nature, and when it shifts out of equilibrium regularly, the texture of our skin suffers. Using a tone can help restore balance rapidly.
Things to keep in mind!
There are some basic things you should look for in a toner when you are purchasing one. When selecting a toner, there are a few essential characteristics to look for:
- If you have normal to combination skin, look for components like vitamin C, coenzyme Q10, hyaluronic acid, and glycerin.
- If you have acne-prone skin, seek alpha-hydroxy acids in your toner, such as glycolic acid.
- Sensitive skin responds well to toners containing aloe vera and cucumber extracts. Softness and skin irritation are also greatly aided by vitamin E and grapefruit extract.
- Toners containing antioxidants and moisturising ingredients are excellent for anti-ageing.
- Toners containing alcohol, menthols, or scents should be avoided because they can disrupt the skin’s barrier.
Popular toners in the market!
There are so many options in the market to choose from. Health & Glow has some amazing recommendations for the toner lovers out there:
Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Toner with Cucumber
Mamaearth Vitamin C Toner is a natural, alcohol-free face toner that helps to tighten open and enlarged pores. It hydrates the skin and so maintains the pH balance, making it look smooth and healthy.
This toner contains vitamin C, which helps to keep the skin clean and healthy. The use of toner on a regular basis helps to tighten and cleanse pores from the inside out while also preventing the skin from acne and outbreaks.
Cetaphil Bright Healthy Radiance Toner
Cetaphil Bright Healthy Radiance Toner softens and smoothes the skin rapidly. It is non-sticky and has a cooling aftereffect.
In just four weeks, it brightens and evens skin tone without irritating or weakening the skin barrier. It contains natural sea daffodil extract, which has been shown to diminish the intensity and colour of black spots while also brightening niacinamide (vitamin B3) to balance out skin tone. Dullness disappears with continuous usage, exposing the skin’s inherent vitality and luminosity.
LOTUS ROSETONE Facial Skin Toner
Rosetone is an alcohol-free organic Rose Petals Facial Skin Toner by Lotus Herbals. It brings the cleansing routine to a close.
It hydrates, tones, and moisturises the skin efficiently as a toner. Because it is light, it is easily absorbed by the skin. Because it’s alcohol-free, it won’t overdry your skin, which is a bonus.
It tightens the pores on your skin, prepares it for moisturization, and makes your skin feel pampered. The toner regulates the release of excess oils and keeps the skin’s pH balanced.
Plum Green Tea Alcohol And Fragrance-Free Toner
Plum Green Tea Toner is available on that same line. Green tea ingredients help to fight acne, and glycolic acid gently exfoliates and eliminates dead skin cells in this alcohol-free toner. Green tea is also a natural antioxidant that keeps your skin looking young and healthy. It also features a non-drying composition that reduces pores effectively.
VLCC Skin Defense Rose Water Toner
Rose water is considered to be a natural toner that helps to maintain your skin’s pH balance, prevents acne, hydrates, revitalises, and moisturises the skin, as well as making it smooth. VLCC Rose Water Skin Toner is a pleasant and purifying skin toner. It hydrates, tones, and balances the skin.
Instead of using a cotton pad to apply a toner, try softly rubbing it into the skin with your fingertips. Cotton pads absorb more liquid than they deliver. In the fight against skin dullness, a toner can be a lifesaver.
The goal is to choose one that will target excess oil and keep pores clear without over-drying your face, which can lead to additional oil and breakouts. Add the right one to your cart and kiss skin dullness and dryness goodbye!