Custom car decals and stickers are extremely effective advertising tools. Savvy marketers cover their client’s company vehicles with custom-printed stickers and convert them into mobile billboards. As the sticker-covered cars move across different locations, thousands of potential customers receive the brand messages on the stickers.
- Stickers made of vinyl are extremely cheap (less than $2.00 per square foot). Vinyl cut graphics and stickers come in different shapes and look very eye-catching.
- Since these stickers are super-affordable, they’re also very cost-effective. The ROI on premium-quality custom car stickers is amazing. Businesses get incredible brand exposure for a very little fee.
- Vinyl stickers are also long-lasting. The tough plastic polymer can withstand years of damage from rain, the sun’s UV rays, and outdoor pollution.
- You can add light sensors, glow-in-the-dark features, and other interesting details to these stickers. Target customers may want to take photos of such stickers!
- Car stickers don’t just stick on car bonnets or other car parts. You can apply them onto numerous surfaces like store windows, doors, book covers, etc.
The only challenge with buying and using custom-printed car stickers is the design process. Vinyl sign technicians spend years mastering the intricate art of designing eye-catching stickers. According to them, there are certain color-based rules that impact the visual appeal of car stickers. Here are these color-related rules.
Selecting the Right Colors for Car Stickers
Custom-printed car stickers are different from most “traditional” printed marketing materials like billboards, pamphlets, brochures, etc. That’s because these stickers have far less time to make an impact on a viewer.
These stickers are two types of target customers –
- People walking by the car.
- People driving by the car.
Both these customers don’t have enough time to examine your car’s custom stickers. That means every design detail of your car stickers needs to be eye-catching. That starts with selecting the right colors.
- The colors of your stickers will determine their visibility.
- If the colors are contrasting and visible, your stickers will attract more eyes.
- The colors on your stickers must also reflect your brand’s style.
- They must align with how you want your target customer to feel after seeing the stickers.
What color combinations can serve all these purposes at once? According to color scientists and advertising experts –
- The combination of bright yellow and a lighter color (light blue, white, etc.) makes people feel warm and cheery. Bright yellow is also visible. You can incorporate this color with your brand’s existing colors.
- Light and dark green make people feel grounded and natural. Brands in that category can communicate their commitment to the environment with green.
- Orange and red convey enthusiasm and high spirits. These colors look the best on stickers that ask customers to take action. A “call us now” message looks way better on a bright orange background.
The colors of your car stickers will serve as the foundation for the other design elements. Make sure your car stickers’ colors are bright. Use contrasting colors in other design elements (e.g., your brand’s logo) to make them “pop-out” of the stickers.