Sometimes due to ones’ unhealthy food and lifestyles habits, the digestive system may develop problems ranging from mouth to anus. Common health issues like heartburn, stomach ache, indigestion and changes in bowel habits, if ignored or untreated, will develop into a chronic problem. It is suggested to consult the best Gastroenterologists in Mumbai to avoid severe issues in your digestive system.
When your body organs of the digestive system, such as the mouth, stomach, intestines, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas, develop problems to absorb and expel waste, it raises digestive disorders. Gastroenterologists, who deal with these digestive disorders, divide these disorders into two divisions: Organic and functional Gastroenterological diseases.
Organic Gastroenterological disorder:
This is identified when there are structural abnormalities in your digestive system, and this disorder stops the regular function of the digestive system. Some of the frequent digestive disorders are:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): The prominent symptom is abdominal pain before or after bowel movements, and there could be diarrhea, constipation, or both.
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) is diagnosed when bacteria move from the large intestine to the small intestine, causing bloating, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This happens when your stomach food frequently comes back into the food pipe. The common symptoms are heartburn, acid reflux, chest pain, nausea, and pain while swallowing.
- Gallstones: our body uses bile juice for digestion, but in this disorder, small gallstones are formed in the gallbladder, causing symptoms like pain below the ribs, jaundice, high temperature, vomiting, and sweating.
- Celiac Disease: This disease is caused due to damage to our self-immune condition, which prepares our body to attack the intestinal lining when one eats gluten-rich food. This disease damages the intestines if not treated.
- Crohn’s Disease: This disease causes inflammatory bowel movement and chronic inflammation in the small intestine.
- Ulcerative Colitis (UC): This causes inflammation in the rectum and the large intestine.
Functional Gastroenterological disorder:
This disorder is diagnosed when normal activities or movements of the intestines, the sensitivity of the nerves of the intestines, or when the brain controls a few of these functions are disturbed. In this case of functional disorder, the standard test like endoscopy, x-ray, or blood tests is of no use. The symptoms of Functional Gastroenterological disease are diagnosed only by the experts of Gastroenterologists.
Apart from all the above-mentioned digestive disorders, there could be many more problems that only experts in Gastroenterology could diagnose. Without delay, if you find any symptoms of digestive issues, it is better to consult and take advice from the best Gastroenterologists in Mumbai.