QuickBooks error 6000 77 means that your company file has been moved to an inadmissible folder in QuickBooks. All your transactions, including internet bank transfers, are saved in QuickBooks files that have the extension. The QuickBooks company file is called QBW. Files cannot be combined, but they can be copied to other locations to create a backup. QuickBooks error 6000 77 could occur if a company file has been stored in an incorrect place.
Are you looking for an immediate fix when the QB error message number 6000 77 appears on your screen? Call the QuickBooks customer support number to speak with a specialist about error resolution.
Detail analysis of QuickBooks Error Codes 6000 77
The error message “We’re Sorry” appears when QuickBooks error 6000 77 occurs. The error message “There was an error with QuickBooks” also details the problem, causes, and solutions. It is followed by the Error Code (-6000-77). There are many reasons why an error message may appear. This article will help you identify the source of the error and provide quick solutions.
These are the most frequent causes of QuickBooks Desktop Errors 6000-77.
- Any of the following factors can cause QuickBooks error 6000 77.
- The company file was saved on an external storage device when it should have been stored on the local drive or network.
- To open, a reference was taken from a mapped drive.
- This is a QBW File.
- In the folder containing the QuickBooks company files, the message “Incorrect Folder Permission” appears.
- QuickBooks error 6000 77 can be caused by QuickBooks being used in a multi-user environment.
What are the solutions to QuickBooks Error 6000-77
Follow the below instructions to fix error code 6000 77
Solution 1: Rename Extensions Files.ND &.TLG
- The equivalent has been renamed.
- QBW files are available in many formats.
- It can be very beneficial to use ND.TLG. Follow these steps:
- Open QuickBooks Company Files by going to the exact location.
- To locate files, you can use file extensions.
- Two types of file extensions are ND and.TLG.
- Right-click on these files and choose Rename from the dropdown menu.
- Save it by pressing Enter after you have typed “old” in the extensions.
Solution 2: start using QuickBooks File Doctor.
- QuickBooks File Doctor repairs the integrity of damaged or corrupted company files and corrects any errors that may result.
- QuickBooks File Doctor is available for download from Intuit’s official website.
- Wait for the tool to finish the operation before you start it.
- Verify that the QB error message 6000 77 is still active.
Solution 3: Favorites Firewall, Security Software Settings The Error Resolution Mechanism
Your firewall settings or Internet security software can block certain QuickBooks activities. These settings can be changed to improve the software’s connectivity to the Internet.
You can configure your firewall ports automatically by going to the Advanced Settings section of your system.
Manually configure firewall ports that are dynamic.
You will need to add a Firewall port exemption for each of your QuickBooks year versions.
Solution 4: Recreate the corrupted folder that causes QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6000 77
- Try the following method if you still have problems with QuickBooks error 6000 77
- Open the C: drive to create a new folder.
- Navigate to the folder you want.
- QBW can be described as a file format.
- When right-clicking on an extension with the.QBW suffix, choose Copy from the dropdown menu.
- Open the folder you just created and copy the company file.
- Next, you can define permissions to share company files from Windows.
- You can check the QB error code 6000 77 by opening the QB file in the new folder.
Solution 5: Then, you can use a UNC route and a mapped drive.
- You can use the UNC path to solve the problem code instead of the mapped disk (6000-77). Follow the steps below to complete the task.
- Click on the QB icon and hold down the CTRL-key.
- The drop-down menu will open from your previous action. From there, you can choose Run as Administrator.
- Hold down the CTRL key long enough to bring up No Company Window.
- Follow this sequence to complete the selections. Select Open or Restore Company in the File menu. Next, open a Company File and then click Proceed.
- Click Network in the left sidebar.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Company Folder.
- Set the permissions for the folder to allow you to open and access the file.
Solution 6: Remove any spaces or special characters from your company’s file name.
- Spaces and special characters in filenames can not only cause QuickBooks error 6000 77 but also create a host of other problems. These special characters and blank spaces must be removed by following the steps below.
- Close QuickBooks if it is open on your computer.
- To open QuickBooks company files, right-click on them.
- You can also choose the Rename option.
- Check the filename to see if there are any unusual characters or blank spaces. They must be removed.
- Finally, try to open the QuickBooks company file.
- If the error persists then proceed to resolution.
Solution 7: Transfer the company to a new location
- Relocating the file to the local drive might solve the problem if the error is due to the location of the company’s file. These steps will help you relocate the file.
- Navigate to the exact location where the company file was saved.
- Right-click the file to copy it
- Next, go to your desktop.
- Choose File from the File menu of QuickBooks.
- Select Open or Restore Company from the drop-down menu.
- Afterward, go through the company file.
These remedies can help you resolve the most difficult technical problem code, 6000-77. If you need a qualified specialist to guide you through the recovery process for QuickBooks error 6000 77.