You have probably all noticed it, especially if you have chosen to read this article, but the digital age has not only upset people’s daily habits, but has led to the birth of real professions that did not exist until about ten years ago.
New technologies, more and more advanced and in continuous evolution, have required an increasing number of specialists in this field, able to remain constantly updated and able to actively contribute to the perennial digital evolution . A series of 2.0 or digital professions have therefore been born in this scenario; extremely qualified figures who have begun to influence the labor market more and more, covering a slice equivalent to 20% of the advertisements in Italy, with even peaks of 56% in Lombardy.
But after all, what are 7 digital professions that didn’t exist 10 years ago?
The most sought after digital professions in Italy and in the world
Let’s jump to 2009 for a moment, what our life was like and the online services we had access to. Surely you will notice enormous differences in this context, it is therefore easy to understand how in this decade a series of new professional figures characterized by specific technical skills have appeared . Hence, here is a series of digital professions that did not exist until 10 years ago.
- Social Media Manager , or the expert par excellence of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and any other social media. Having a profile on these platforms is now a fundamental requirement not only for individuals, but also for companies, for which they represent the main advertising and communication channel with potential customers. Having a profile, however, is not the same as knowing how to use social media correctly , thus exploiting all the potential of these powerful means of communication. This is where the Social Media Managers come into play, specialized figures and experts in digital communication, who manage their respective social channels on behalf of their customers. Leavingfrom the development of a specific strategy to then arrive at the creation and programming of editorial plans capable of strengthening the presence on the web of the individual reality.
- Digital Strategist , Inbound Marketing Strategist and Data Analyst . These three figures deal respectively with: creating web and social media strategies to promote a reality and strengthen its web reputation, studying inbound projects and, finally, analyzing big data , or data relating to certain companies that will then be used for the elaboration of winning marketing plans. These different figures are actually complementary to each other, as they put the realization of a digital strategy at the center of their workspecific for each individual user, whether it is a company or any other activity, whose goal is to improve its reputation on the web and, consequently, the profits deriving from it.
- SEO and SEM Specialist , experts in the optimization and positioning of websites in the SERPs ( Search Engine Optimization ) and developers of campaigns on search engines ( Search Engine Marketing ). Both of these figures must work in concert with the digital strategists, but also with the Web Content Editors, other new professionals in this overview. The purpose of SEO and SEM Specialist is however basically the same, that is to make a specific site appear among the first proposed on search engines .
- Web Content Editor , the creator of digital content par excellence . From blog texts to those intended for the institutional pages of a site, also passing through the textual parts of posts intended for social networks. ” Content is king “, ie the content is considered the king of the web, the one that really conquers users, therefore this figure must have the ability to write in a fluid and captivating way, reworking the information and making it accessible to all. This can be defined as content marketing , or the ability to write texts intended to attract users online.
- APP Developer , or the developer of the APP. Can you imagine a smartphone or tablet without an APP? If until 10 years ago they were practically non-existent, now there is an APP for everything, from those related to social networks to real-time news, from weather forecasts to booking holidays and flights, but also simply to draw up the shopping list. ! There really is an APP for anything. For this reason, this professional figure has had a real escalation of requests, as more and more companies to keep up with the times, provide their customers with specific APPs for consulting, solving problems or changing the settings of the products to be sold them.
- UX Specialist , where UX stands for User Experience. This professional has the task of making web pages on different devices , from desktops to smartphones, tablets and apps, more communicative, immediate and easy to use. This figure also deals with solving user problems, going to understand on the basis of the collected data and views, what could be the necessary changes and overcome any inefficiencies, in order to give a positive experience to anyone who visits a particular web page. .
- Digital PR , or the specialist who monitors the follow-up and contact influencers who can be useful to a company, increasing its visibility and promoting it. The specialist who covers this profession knows the channels and platforms suitable to reach a specific target, takes care of the creation of an agenda of contacts to be involved if necessary, as well as drafting specific contents.
These are only 7 of the digital professions that didn’t exist 10 years ago. Influencers themselves and youtubers are part of this circle, also non-existent in the past decade, drone operators , but also content moderators .
In short, there are so many digital professions that you can undertake and which you need if you want to strengthen your presence on the web