This article will help you select the best sublimation printer for heat transfer. Therefore, continue reading to learn more.
Sublimation printers are certainly counted among the best ways to print and transfer designs to surfaces that are either rough or soft, like textiles. Here you will learn about all types of printers that can be used in homes, industries, or studios.
A sublimation printer can print on many blank products like fabrics, coasters, rugs, etc. A heat transfer machine is required to transfer the printed design to the surface you want.
How Does Sublimation Work?
The most straightforward answer to this question is that sublimation is the method by which ink is exposed to the extreme heat that transfers the design to the required surface.
You have to print the design by a sublimation printer on a special paper known as sublimation or heat transfer paper. If you already don’t have a dye-sublimation printer, then a few inkjet printers can be easily converted to one using sublimation inks. After printing the design, you can simply transfer them to blank products such as coasters or rugs, as sublimation is applicable on most surfaces.
Both the blanks and the printed heat press papers are put under the heat press machine to transfer the design. While transferring, the ink is converted to gas after applying heat for 3-5 minutes.
The transferred designs are very bright and detailed, only if you apply the correct time and temperature while transferring. This is why sublimation is so favored by designers and entrepreneurs.
Make sure to ponder over these things when choosing the best sublimation printer for heat transfer, as these are a few important aspects to make things easier when using the printer.
• Print field size – If the required size of your blank products is 11″ x 17″, then choose a printer in a bigger size, preferably 12″ x 18″, as they usually don’t print on the edges.
• Printing multiple images – A sublimation printer that frequently prints pictures will be perfect for you if your business needs several designs at once.
• Printing speed – You should consider the printer speed as faster printers will help in printing bulk designs.
• Number of ink colors – Nearly all sublimation printers support 4-colors, but certain printers use an eight-color ink set, and it prints high-quality pictures as they produce outputs by combining certain base colors.
• Brands – Presently, the most popular brands in the sublimation industry are Epson and Sawgrass. However, Ricoh was another famous brand in previous years. You can consider their products for high-quality printers. For more information visit Skilled Print
Conclusively, sublimation printing is well-known due to being inexpensive and easy, and it helps create customized objects such as t-shirts, mugs, etc.
Even though the science behind sublimation is very simple, it is still comparable to other state-of-the-art printing methods. Furthermore, you can easily print any type of design you want in high resolution.
In this method, a dye known as sublimate is heated to be fused with the surface of blank products like fabrics, papers, and plastics. It is a great asset for earning by selling customized products created using it.
Read More: Choosing a Printer for Cooler Panel Printing